Do you love enjoying the mesmerizing view of roaring flames rising from a fire pit, the cracking sound, and the smell of burning wood? But also hate sitting in a cloud of smoke? If yes, we have brought the ideal solution for you!
Today we are going to introduce you to the perfect, modern alternative to traditional wood-burning fire pits that will provide you a clean, smokeless, safe fire environment- the Flame Genie.
Suppose you are an outdoor enthusiast who loves the vibe of a traditional fire pit and looks for comfort and convenience. In that case, you should definitely consider this fire pit for everything it has to offer.
Here, we will provide you a full review of the Flame Genie, including its top features, benefits, drawbacks, maintenance, and a few additional information to help you find all the answers you are looking for. So make sure to stick to the end!
Why Is Flame Genie Different From Other Fire Pits?
The Flame Genie fire pit stands out from its competitors by featuring an innovative technology named “gravitational afterburner,” high-quality stainless steel, negligible weight, eye-catching design, and sustainable, convenient fuel type.
Firstly, the gravitational afterburner is a unique, advanced system that enables the fire pit to burn longer without producing a cloud of smoke, spark, or a massive pile of leftovers. With the Flame Genie, you can enjoy the vibe of a traditional fire pit but in a more comforting and safer way.
Secondly, the Flame Genie is portable and lightweight enough so that you can carry and move it with minimum effort.
Thirdly, the Flame Genie runs on wood pellets. As a result, you can get sufficient heat with less fuel, and it will provide you a cleaner, more efficient burn.
Therefore, the Flame Genie is definitely worth a try if you are looking for a modern, smokeless, easy-to-maintain fire pit!
How Does Flame Genie Work?
The Flame Genie is a modern, low-smoke alternative to traditional wood-burning fire pits. It runs on wood pellets to give you the crackling sound of wood and the nostalgic smell of a campfire. However, it produces zero to little smoke while performing, unlike the conventional fire pits. Additionally, it leaves a tiny amount of ash, debris, or leftover for you at the end of the enjoyment.
Keep reading to find out!
Top Features Of Flame Genie
1. Customize Your Style
The black model is made of steel material with a black powder-coat paint finish. This model is cheaper than the stainless steel model.
However, the galvanized unit shows signs of finish fatigue after the initial fire. It occurs because the top rim of the firepit can exceed temperatures of 1200 °F, and the high temperature will burn off any powder-coat finish.
On the contrary, the stainless steel unit is rust-resistant, more durable, and can withstand intense heat much better. As a result, you have a better chance of getting a satisfying performance for an extended period with the stainless steel unit.
Therefore, we recommend you to go for the stainless steel version even if it costs a bit extra.
2. Smoke-free Technology
The Flame Genie features an innovative airflow technology referred to as “Gravitational afterburner.” This unique, advanced system enables the fire pit to burn longer without producing a cloud of smoke, spark, or a massive pile of leftovers.
Therefore, with Flame Genie, you can enjoy the vibe of a traditional fire pit but in a safe, clean, smokeless environment while avoiding the cleanup associated with wood-burning fire pits.
3. Lightweight and Portable
The Flame Genie features portability so that you can transport it to your desired outdoor spot and enjoy glowy flames wherever you want. It also offers two sizes, and both versions are super lightweight so that you can carry, move and relocate your fire pit without any hassle.
The following are the available sizes:
- 13.5″ Diameter: It comes with dimensions of 9.6 x 19.5 x 21.5 inches and weighs only 13.85 pounds. It comes in a single body; you won’t need to assemble it.
- 19″ Diameter: It comes with dimensions of 19 x 19 x 16.25 inches and weighs only 27.1 pounds. This unit requires assembly but nothing to worry about it as you can quickly put it together within a few minutes.
Moreover, the Flame Genie base nests at the top to provide you easy transport and compact storage facility.
You can also buy durable canvas tote separately to keep residual ash contained while storing and packing your Flame Genie neatly for a clean car, RV, or trailer travel.
4. Convenient Fuel Type
The Flame Genie stands out from its competitors by offering a sustainable, convenient fuel type, and that is- wood pellets.
You won’t have to worry about storing bulk amounts of logs or refilling propane or gas tanks with the Flame Genie. Instead, you can enjoy a clean, safe, smoke-free fire atmosphere with the minimum effort and expense by using wood pellets.
Let’s have a quick look at all the benefits you are going to enjoy with it:
- Wood pellets burn cleaner and more efficiently; they produce zero to little smoke and a minimal amount of ash. Therefore, you can enjoy a warm, smokeless fireside without worrying about the afterward exhausting cleanup process.
- Keep the Flame Genie running for about two hours (maximum) with only half a bag of pellets (estimated). Therefore, you will need comparatively less fuel to run this fire pit, and you can also conserve fuel resources.
- Compared to the cost of quality firewood, the wood pellets are way cheaper. So, you can save a bit of money with the Flame Genie.
- You won’t be required to chop or store wood logs. Therefore, no worrying about a storage facility or draining your energy.
- Wood pellets have a low tendency to produce flying embers. Therefore, you would never have to worry about getting holes in your favorite piece of cloth or burning your skin. Enjoy an open fire pit while ensuring your safety.
- Avoid the hassle of carrying firewood with you to distant outdoor spots. Additionally, you can even cross state lines with wood pellets, unlike firewood logs.
Kindly note, according to the users, you can also use the manufactured fire logs to run this fire pit.
However, we strongly discourage you from burning any other alternative in this smokeless fire pit as it can damage its quality. There’s also a chance of making the provided warranty ineffective if you do so.
5. Sturdy and Durable
The Flame Genie features quality construction with efficient crafting materials. Both available models are sturdy and durable.
The silver models are made of stainless steel with a silver finish. They are rust-resistant, heat-resistant, and fade-resistant. Therefore, the stainless steel models won’t discolor or rust easily, and you can leave them outdoors for hours.
On the other hand, the black model is made of steel material with a black powder-coat paint finish and is recommended to store in a dry environment to avoid rusting.
However, if you want to ensure long-lasting use; In that case, we recommend you to store them indoor and use the Flame Genie Tote doubles or any other durable storage cover while storing your Flame Genie, no matter whichever model you use.
Things You Are Going To Enjoy
- Ideal for 4-6 people sitting anywhere- be it backyard, porch, patio, balcony, or any campsite.
- Lightweight and portable. Additionally, it comes with a carrying bag to enhance its portability and maximize your convenience.
- Smoke-free and spark-free; Enjoy a safe fire atmosphere without flying hot embers or irritating your eyes from smoke.
- Requires minimum maintenance; you can easily clean, light, and store it.
- Runs on wood pellets and requires less fuel, unlike other wood-burning fire pits.
- Saves you from the exhausting cleaning process as it produces the minimum amount of ash, debris, or leftovers.
Things You Need To Consider
- You may need to tender it every 20-30 minutes to keep the fire going as the design of the Flame Genie lacks efficient ventilation.
- The galvanized model may last shorter than the stainless steel model.
How Do You Fuel Your Flame Genie?
Fuel your Flame Genie with these simple, quick, easy steps:
Step 1: For the initial load, fill the inner burn chamber of your fire pit with high-quality, dry wood pellets up to the bottom of the interior fill-line indicator holes.
Step 2: If you want to extend the burn time of your fire pit; In that case, periodically scatter additional pellets over the surface of the ignited Flame Genie while flames are still visible.
How Do You Light Your Flame Genie?
Once you are done placing the base with wood pellets, apply pellet gel or lighter fluid. After that, carefully light the pellets in several locations to build a fire quickly.
Finally, keep fueling your Flame Genie to keep it burning for an extended period once the fire is built correctly, and enjoy glowy flames and heartwarming warmth.
How Long Can You Keep A Flame Genie Running?
The Flame Genie is easier to light; you can start the fire without any prior experience. However, what comes next is the maintenance of the fire. In that case, you would need a little bit of experience to get used to it- adding the right amount of wood pellets and adding at the right time.
If you want to keep the fire burning in your Flame Genie, follow these quick and easy steps:
Step 1: Scatter additional pellets on top of those that are burning down and repeat it periodically.
Step 2: Take an interval of about 40-45 minutes, leaving the fire alone/running between adding a handful of pellets.
Step 3: Avoid tossing too many pellets at a time as it can smother the flame. Try adding too few but keep adding on an almost non-stop basis as long as you want the Flame Genie running.
How To Maintain Flame Genie?
The Flame Genie requires minimum maintenance making the whole outdoor fire experience more enjoyable for you!
Here are a few tips so that you can maintain your fire pit and make it last for an extended period:
- Never try to put off the fire with water. It can cause damage to the performance and materials of the fire stove. If you want to put off the fire, simply leave the fire pit unattended.
- Once the fire has gone out, give it some time to cool off before starting cleaning.
- Use a hand shovel and a bucket to take out the ashes. You can also use ash removal tools or shop vacuums to do it faster.
- Try doing valuable things with the fire pit ashes instead of just dumping them.
- We recommend you to polish it up with a Bar Keepers Friend if you want to have the sheen and glossy finish of your fire pit as the first time you took it out of the box.
- You can also follow this thorough guide on cleaning the fire pit to have the best results with minimum effort.
- Even though the manufacturer of the Flame Genie claims that it won’t get rust or discoloration if left outdoors, we strongly recommend you store the Flame Genie in a dry, cool, indoor area.
- Don’t forget to use a durable cover for the fire pit while storing if you want to keep it functional as long as possible.
Alternatives Of Flame Genie
If you love the vibe of a traditional wood-burning fire pit but looking for a more convenient alternative for your outdoor space, we got you covered.
Besides the modern, smokeless Flame Genie, you would definitely like to check this collection of the best wood-burning fire pits of 2024!
Buy your ideal fire partner and enjoy a memorable outdoor fire experience in no time!
Frequently Asked Questions
Here are a few additional pieces of information related to the Flame Genie that you might be interested to know!
1. Can you burn wood in a Flame Genie?
Yes, you can.
You can run the Flame Genie with wood pellets to get glowy flames and intense heat. You can also use the manufactured fire logs to run this fire pit.
However, we strongly discourage you from burning any other alternative in this smokeless fire pit other than wood pellets as it can damage its quality. There’s also a chance of making the provided warranty ineffective if you do so.
2. Can you cook over a Flame Genie?
Yes, definitely you can. It is very much possible and safe to cook over the Flame Genie.
However, if you intend to cook over your fire pit, we recommend you do it using wood as the fuel source. As a matter of fact, wood produces more intense heat than wood pellets and will make your cooking experience a lot better and faster.
3. Can you roast marshmallows over wood pellets?
While using the wood pellets, the flame is maintained reasonably high, but coal is a better alternative to wood pellets if you want to roast marshmallows or hot dogs. So, we won’t recommend you to roast marshmallows over wood pellets as it can disappoint you and also have the possibility of causing fire hazards.
4. How much does a Flame Genie cost?
Given the Flame Genie features smokeless technology and rust-proof stainless steel, it falls on the cheaper or affordable side comparing to other similar category products. The price of a Flame Genie ranges from $10-$12 thousand dollars.
You can also check the latest price to grab the best deal as soon as possible!
Let’s have a glance at what you have acquired so far!
Here, you have got a full review of the Flame Genie fire pit, including detailed information regarding its top features, functionality, materials, durability, maintenance, benefits, and drawbacks.
Additionally, you have also gathered a few pieces of additional information, including how it works, how to light it, etc.
Kindly note, creating a safe fire environment is equally important as buying the ideal fire pit for your outdoor space.
We highly recommend you using fire pit spark screens to prevent fire hazards or any mishaps. It will protect the surroundings along with your clothes from flying hot embers or sparks.
Moreover, follow the standard fire pit safety rules and regulations to ensure a safe outdoor fire experience for you and your beloved ones.
What are you waiting for? Bring your Flame Genie and enjoy a captivating view of the fireside in a warm, cozy ambience.
So, did the review help you to get a well-informed idea about the Flame Genie? Have you found the answers you were looking for? If it helped you with the information you needed, we would be glad to know. Share your opinions with us and if there’s something more to add, let us know in the comment section. We would appreciate your feedback!